Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 2013 Goals

It's January 1, so time to make some goals for the year.  Not resolutions.  Resolutions only last a couple of weeks and are then forgotten.  I'm writing some goals to accomplish and mark off as completed.  There's a difference!

First goal for January is to lose 5 lbs by the end of the month.  That should take me to 230 and that's a good jumping off point for February's goal. 

Second goal is to be in bed by 10:30 p.m. on the nights I have to work the next day.  I'm guilty of staying up too late and it needs to stop.  This is one that I've been working on and sometimes forget about.  Hopefully when my husband's work schedule changes in a few months (fingers crossed) it will be easier to accomplish. 

Third goal is to try at least 4 new recipes this month.  That is one new dish each week.  That SHOULD be doable, but I get lazy when it comes to actually finding new dishes to try. 

Fourth goal is to do at least 30 minutes of cardio every single day.  This will be aided by my Miniature Pinscher, Duke.  Unless it's super-cold, because his little body really can't take the cold.  We tried walking today (18 degrees) and after about 30 minutes, we had to call for a ride because the snow got to his paws or something and he was limping, whining, and shivering.  I felt so bad for trying to make him walk so far in the cold.  I will have to be mindful of that with him.

Fifth goal is to try to write in my blog every night.  Umm, with my past poor performance on this we will just have to see how this goes.

And for those keeping score, let me update on my incredible December.  First, I was selected as the Cecile A. Christison Sterrett College Scholar for my degree.  This is an award only 6 students are given each semester, so it was a pretty big deal.  I received a beatiful medallion for my award.  I will treasure it always.  This also means I completed all of my degree requirements and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in General Studies.  I got 2 As in the two classes I was taking and finished my degree with a 3.788 gpa.  Not bad, if I do say so myself.  I start my first graduate class on January 14.  I'm kind of nervous about doing a master's degree, but everyone tells me I can do it.  I'm trying really hard to listen to them and believe in myself.  I can do this.

Hopefully I'll remember to check in tomorrow to update how I'm doing.  Today has been pretty good so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!