Sunday, January 6, 2013

Determination

A friend pointed out a Facebook page for me to check out.  It's called Losing-Myself.  It's a girl that used to live near me and some of her journey to losing 140 pounds (as of this writing).  She was always a cute girl, but she looks amazing now.  She still wants to lose another 40 pounds, but I can't see how.  But it's what SHE is comfortable with that matters.

Seeing her page has helped harden my resolve to be successful in this journey.  People have commented to me that I have a lot of determination because of some of my previous accomplishments unrelated to weight loss.  But I always feel like a failure because I can't seem to get things together enough to lose weight.  Yes, I've lost some (40 lbs thus far), but I still have another 80-100ish to go. 

I just need to remember that it's going to take time, work, effort, and energy.  I'm ready.  I'm getting my mind in the right place and heading in the right direction.  I'm going to follow what's right for ME, though, and not try to copy what others have done.  My life is not the same as anyone else's so I have to do what fits best in my life.  That's the only way I'm going to succeed, or anyone else can succeed.  If there was a one-size-fits-all weight loss recipe, there would be a billion dollar weightloss industry with ten majillion different weightloss plans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!