Monday, March 31, 2014

WIU Biggest Loser Finale

Today was our final Biggest Loser meeting at the Rec Center.  The girl that won was the one that I figured would win.  She lost 16 lbs total, which is awesome for 7 weeks.  I can't remember what the 2nd place girl did.  I came in 3rd by default because no one else was there.  I lost 3 lbs and 3 inches.  Rather disappointing results for seven weeks of busting my butt and working hard, but I'm not complaining. 

One of my prizes was a certificate for a training plan, which I plan to "cash in" as soon as possible.  They also asked if we would be interested in participating again if they should offer it, and I definitely am.  They are thinking of doing it in groups of 4, but I'm not exactly sure how that would work.  Still interested!  Working with the trainer was a great way for me to stay accountable and to stay motivated.  The only thing I said that should be changed was the lateness of the meetings.  I did not care for the 7:30 p.m. meeting time as that made for a really long day.  Other than that, it was a great experience and well worth the $30 I paid to participate. 

In other news, I lost 0.2 lbs this week.  It's a loss but so small that I'm not even really counting it.  I'm not going to lie - I'm struggling mentally with this lack of results.  I cannot put into words how it feels to know you've followed the eating plan to perfection, worked your butt off to the point that your body hurts all the time....and you get nothing in return, or even worse, you see a gain.  I'm trying really hard to stay positive, but after 4 solid months of this struggle, it's getting really challenging to do.  I keep saying I won't give up, but I am truly feeling discouraged. 

Until next week,
angie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angie Keep on keeping on losing that weight and live hopefully a longer life because what your doing you may not realize this but your grandchildren will appreciate the work your putting in now and keeping this up until the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!