Saturday, March 15, 2014

Frustration

I have stayed off the scales all week, as Jennifer suggested.  I've also worked hard to stay in the 1500-1600 calorie range she suggested.  I've done really well with both goals, so I wasn't sure what the scale would show today.  I've been working out hard, burning lots of calories, following the training plan that my trainer left me while he was gone for Spring Break.  I've done everything right, followed all the rules, and worked really hard.  I am proud of my efforts.

So what did the scale show me this morning?

A gain of 3.5 lbs. 

Seriously?!?!?!?

I really don't get this and I don't know what is going on.  I KNOW I didn't consume 12,000+ calories and it's not a gain of fat.  But why does this keep happening?  I want to weep with frustration, but that won't accomplish anything.  I don't want to cut my calories further because I don't think that will help and I'm able to be comfortable without being hungry at this level. 

So the plan is to keep doing what I'm doing.  Work harder when I can, get rest, and keep making good food choices.  I will not give up, even though the frustration is overwhelming at times.  This has been happening for 2 1/2 months now.  I don't know how long it will take my body to get the message, but it has to sink in sometime.  I didn't think I was a slow learner, but apparently I am! 

Have you ever thought of throwing in the towel?  What stopped you?  If you did, what got you going again?  And if you aren't going again yet, are you ready? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!