Saturday, January 18, 2014

Weigh in and set back

I was up 3 lbs this morning.  It's really upsetting to see a gain, knowing I've worked so hard this week.  I went to the gym 4 nights and burned at least 500 calories or more with every workout.  I've eaten pretty decent and I've logged every single bite that went into my mouth.  I have resisted a stupid bowl of caramel Kisses that sits less than 2 feet from my desk every single day.  Yesterday I ate the lunch I had prepared at home instead of ordering out with the girls at work.  And my body repays me by showing there's 3 more pounds of me to love and adore?  Ughhhhh...I could do without that kind of humor, body.

So my first reaction to this is anger.  And as an emotional eater, I want to soothe my feelings with food.  ALL. THE. FOOD.  So I let the feeling stew for a bit and explored it and poked at it.  I feel angry because my body seems to be betraying me.  I don't understand why my body does this, but this is not the first time I've had this happen. 

I'm also angry because I know some may see/read/hear this and think, "Well obviously she must have been pigging out and lying about it."  I have been guilty of this type of behavior and then feigning surprise when I gained, but this is not one of those times.  But people will think what they want and we'll all go on with our lives. 

Now that the anger has subsided and I'm not in danger of eating all the food (you're welcome), I've got to come up with a plan to figure this out and to help me.  I'm tired of having this experience!  Right now my plan is to continue to do what I've been doing.  I'm going to eat as healthy as I am able, workout as much as I am able, and track everything with MyFitnessPal (as I have been).  I think it's also time to consult a dietitian and see what light she can shed on the situation. 

As soon as I publish this, I'm going to email Jennifer, my local HyVee dietitian and see when we can start meeting.  She has a deal where I can meet with her for 10 sessions for $60.  I've spent a lot of money on stupid weight loss gimmicks over the years, so maybe it's time to stop paying for magic solutions that do nothing and spend a little on something that will actually help.  Now there's a novel concept!

How do you deal with an unexpected gain?  Do you let it derail you completely or do you fight back?  I'm planning to fight back and I sincerely hope that my next weigh in report is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!