Wednesday, January 1, 2014

And we're off...

Today was off to a great start!  Duke and I took a big walk early this afternoon before the 3-5 inches of snow we're supposed to get hit.  We did the "Rushville Loop" which is a loop through town that is supposed to be 3 miles.  I added just a little bit extra to it, but we still ended up doing 4 miles.  Yay!

I'm not going to lie.  There were times during the walk that I wanted to break down and call Mike to come get us.  My knee was hurting pretty bad.  But I hate, hate, hate to be a quitter, so I kept going.  It was very exciting when we finally turned onto our street. 

It was cold, but not unbearably so.  I was sweating in my hoodie and t-shirt.  I also had one of those face cover things - not a balaclava, but one of those that just covers the neck and lower face, my gloves, and a headband/ear cover thing.  My hair was soaked when I got home.  Mike thought I should wear my coat, too, but I knew it would be too much.  Glad I didn't listen to him! 

Since today is January 1, I figured I should weigh in and see where I am.  The scale said I was 237.0 this morning.  I'm up 12 lbs from my lowest weight of 225 that I hit in August.  I'm going to try to get as close to 230 as I can by the end of January.  With hard work and determination, I should be able to do it.  My usual weigh ins from here on out will be Saturday mornings. 

We are supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but I'm sort of hoping we are closed due to the snow storm.  I'd love one more day off.  But on the other hand, I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine.  I'm also excited at the prospect of going back to the Rec so I can workout with my friend.  She and I have some similar goals, I think, and it's good to have a buddy that will keep me accountable.  We're both determined to make 2014 OUR year of being awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!