Saturday, June 29, 2013

Satisfaction

I set a goal for myself to go to the gym and do at least 2 hours of working out.  Then when I got up this morning, I didn't want to.  I was comfy in my chair and wanted to stay there all day long.  Thankfully, my husband told me I had to go.  And so I did.

Today was also weigh in day for me.  I climbed on the scale with trepidation because, although I've been working my butt off, I've seen a little gain every week for the last 3 weeks and it was starting to upset me.  However, I made a couple of small changes and they paid off.  I had a loss of 3.25 lbs.  My weight is now 229.25.  I have lost a total of 48.25 lbs since I began this journey so many years ago.  Slow and steady...but we need to pick up the pace again!

I haven't been in the 220s for probably 20 years, so the feeling of hitting that number is pretty awesome.  Now the goal is to hit the 2teens.  Trying to take this journey 10 lbs at a time.  That way I won't get overwhelmed thinking of how far I have to go.

My ankle was still hurting today, but not as bad.  I really wish I knew what was going on, but I'm also afraid to know what's going on.  Speaking of pain, I haven't really been able to do push ups on my knees since surgery.  The pressure on whatever is healing below my kneecap was just too much.  Today, I decided to give it a try.  I couldn't do them exactly like I used to (with my knees bent, all pressure on kneecap), but I was able to straighten my legs and do them.  I did 125 of them, as a matter of fact.  Along with 125 lat pull downs @ 55 lbs, 125 squats, and 125 sit ups.  I also did 20 minutes on the stationary bike, and 45 minutes on the treadmill (which included Week 1, Day 3 of C25K).  And then hubby and I went for a 60 minute walk this evening. 

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get my hands on some fresh kale.  I've been wanting to try it for a while, but just never worked up the nerve.  I'm very hesitant to try new foods sometimes, for fear I won't like it and I'll have wasted my money.  A local produce farm is selling it in a farmer's market-type setting, and it's only $2 for a Ziploc gallon bag.  I can spend $2 to try something!  And so I'm going to.  I can't wait to see what other veggies they have for sale.  I'd rather support a local family and get garden-fresh produce than buy the picked/shipped from who-knows-where stuff at the grocery store or Walmart. 

So perhaps I'll have a report coming soon on my experiment with kale.  I'm really hoping I fall in love with it (like I did asparagus)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!