Thursday, June 20, 2013

Couch 2 5K has started!

To get started on my half marathon training, I downloaded a C25K app to my phone and started using it Tuesday.  I was really scared to take those first running steps.  I was afraid that the pain I'd had before surgery would still be there.  Much to my delight and surprise, it was not!  My knee felt awesome - very little pain at all!  However, my ankles were a different story. 

I don't know what caused it, but the inner aspects of both ankles had shooting pains with every step I took - running or walking.  I still finished my training, though.  Yesterday I could barely walk, though, and took a self-imposed rest day to recover.  I'm still having some pain in the left ankle today, but it's getting better. 

One thing I have done to help with this is to reach out for some expert running advice.  If the contact I made isn't able to help, I've got some people at work that may be able to help.  I'm wondering if my stride is messed up or something.  I'd also like to get some tips and pointers from someone who does a lot of running.  I know I can stand to learn more! 

If I cannot find the source of pain and correct it on my own, then I will have no choice to head back to my ortho.  Ugh! I dread the thought of doing that because I'm sure it will involve physical therapy.  I would prefer to never do PT ever again in my life.  It's very frustrating to make progress only to be knocked back a few more steps.  But I'm not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!