Monday, July 11, 2011

2nd Weigh In and New Foods

It's been a few weeks since I've been able to do my "official" Monday weigh in.  Tonight's weight was 242.25.  That's a loss of 6 lbs since I started.  It was a little more last Wednesday, but I think my body is holding on to some fluids.  I know I'm doing what I can, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

I should be able to post a little more frequently now.  I had to lay off for a while due to a class I was taking.  It was a nightmare.  I was getting about 3-4 hours of sleep each night, and all I did when I was awake was either work on homework, or worry about working on homework.  I finally emailed the professor and dropped the class.  It was so intense because it was a 16-week course condensed into a 4-week schedule.  Which is way too much for someone that works full-time.  I'm now going to take the class in the fall, during the regular 16-week semester.

Last post, I promised to come back and tell you about my experiment with ground turkey.  It was interesting.  I found a simple recipe online for delicious turkey burgers that called for 1 lb ground turkey, 2 eggs, and salt and pepper.  It didn't quite allow itself to be made into burgers, so I just threw the whole mess in the skillet and cooked it.  It was a little on the dry side.  Probably would not recommend it and will probably not eat them like that again.

Tonight we are trying a balsamic dijon chicken recipe that I found here:  GreenLightBites.  Roni has tons of recipes on her site and I've found several that I want to try, but never had time, or was brave enough.  Well guess what?  Now is that time.  I'll report back on that recipe, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!