Monday, June 20, 2011

1st Weigh In

It's Monday and that means time to weigh in!  Starting weight, as we will recall, was 248.50.  I needed to see the number get smaller to help me keep going.  Since I opened my eyes Thursday morning, I have been putting one foot in front of the other, trying to eat healthier in order to drop these pounds.  I've got the exercise down pat, but the eating is where I struggle.  I am delighted to say that after 5 days, I now weigh 244.25.  That's a loss of 4.25 lbs!

Our CrossFit workout tonight was finding our back squat max for 3 reps.  That means seeing how much weight can I back squat 3 times in a row.  I got 5 chances to find out.  My weights went like this:  95-95-105-115-125.  I was pleased with the 125.  My max back squat for a single rep is 135.  I think that one needs to go up now.

My Short Story class started today, so I have some reading to do already, so I'm going to cut this short.  I have been learning a lot since I started this journey on Thursday.  One of the things I've learned is that you've GOT to have a good support system in place.  I am so thankful that I have people in my life that have expertise in several different areas.  You are all helping me in different ways.  By leaning on my friends and family when this becomes hard, I will be able to get through this and reach my goal.  If I can convince any of you to take this healthy eating journey with me, then that will really make me happy.  It's not an easy journey by any means.  It's hard, it sucks at times, and it brings out my inner 3 year old...but it will be worth it in the end.

One day at a time, one meal at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!