Monday, February 3, 2014

An Answer to My Questions -- Already!

Late last night I was struck with inspiration to post my post of questions.  They were all good, valid questions and ones that I need to be asking myself on this journey. 

This morning, I emailed a friend to show her how I'm progressing on my journey, and felt rather proud, thinking I was really showing some personal growth by asking myself these questions.  She, in turn, emailed me back with some questions of her own for me:

What if you start living the life you want to live rather than just dreaming about it?
 
What if you start liking the fact that you are eating healthy and the way it makes you feel?
 
What if you start believing in yourself as much as those around you do?
 
What if you start today?

Uh, what?  T-t-t-today?  But...but...but...I have the questions...to think about...for a while... I don't have on the right pants.  My hair is all wrong.  I need new shoes.  My socks are too tight.  My underwear feel funny.  When I move my elbow like this, it hurts.  It's supposed to snow.  The sun is too bright.  It's too cold.  There are too many people at the gym and they get on my nerves with all their exercising!  It's not the 1st of the month.  It's not the RIGHT Monday.  The moon is not in the right phase.  My cat might get a hairball.  My dog "killed" his chew toy and we're all very upset. 

Oh, wait.  Those all sound like excuses, don't they?  And dumb ones at that. 

So I had a quick review of why I CAN start today:
 - I had already eaten a healthy breakfast.
 - I had already prepared and brought with me a healthy lunch.
 - I had already stocked my desk/office with healthy snacks, in case I got hungry.
 - I had already packed my gym bag, it was in my car, and I was planning to workout after work.
 - I just had to email my husband and inform him that I would have a healthy dinner, and he and the boys could have what I have or they could forage for themselves.

Hey... I CAN START TODAY!

And so I did.  Day One is now done.  I'll be ready for Day Two tomorrow.  And I'll just keep taking this week one day at a time. 

What if YOU start today, if you haven't already?  And I mean really, really start and try super hard.  Are you in?  Let's see what we can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!